The SS12 is manufactured from the highest quality steel materials precisely machined to offering a lightweight, compact and rugged construction, producing an exceptionally strong product resistant to impact damage. The especially low headroom allows for easy installation in the most restricted environments. The unique design features including our patented Quad Cam Pawl System, along with the anti-corrosion properties incorporated in this range, give it significant safety advantages over standard chain blocks and make the SS12 chain block the ideal tool for salt water use with low maintenance and servicing costs.
These units meet and exceed all the requirements within BS EN 13157: 2004+A1:2009, ANSI/ASME B30.16, AS1418.2 and SANS 1594.
The SS12 is suitable for use in multi-immersion applications providing the timescales, pre-use testing, maintenance and service requirements as detailed in relevant Tiger documents are strictly adhered to. Our patented Quad Cam Pawl System guarantees permanent engagement of at least one of the two eciprocating cam pawls fitted to the SS12, ensuring the pawl only just clears the ratchet wheel, with the minimum of clearance as required under BS 4898:1973. But most importantly, in the unlikely event of a pawl spring failure, this design will ensure the brake is still fully functional and the load is sustained without damage to the mechanism.
Key design features such as our patented brake pawls and deep pocket design hand wheel along with the full and comprehensive testing regime we have submitted our SS12 hoist to provide the evidence that allows us to state that these units can be safely used for fleeting, drifting and cross-hauling applications up to 45deg from the vertical without deration.
Tiger uses an 8 point multi start thread pinion shaft which has also increased brake reaction times.
- Suitable for use in multi-immersion applications
- DNV GL Verification tested according to NORSOK R-002
- Available with slipping clutch overload protection
- Range from 500kg 20000kg
- Corrosion protected load and hand chain
- Marine specific friction discs
- Tested and certified for fleeting, drifting and cross-hauling applications up to 45deg from the vertical without deration
- Available with forged clevis adaptor components
- Rugged steel body construction, yet lightweight and portable
- Double cover protection for brake chamber
- Drop forged and heat treated alloy hooks
- Stainless steel fixings and fasteners
- Patented Quad Cam Pawl System
- Guaranteed 2% light load protection
- Heat treated alloy steel triple spur gears and pinion shaft
- -40degC to +50degC Operating temperature range
- Proof tested to 1.5 times rated capacity
- Can be chained to any height of lift to meet your exact requirements
- Marine chain bags available on request
- Individual spares readily available
- Also available with stainless steel chain or spark resistant hooks
- Fully corrosion protected body and components to ensure reliable long term use
- Available with load bearing swivel hooks to meet relevant standards i.e. AS 1418.2
- Meets or exceeds all international standards